I don't know if those of you, outside the Southeast, know about the gas shortages here. The short story is that there is no gasoline to be found around Charlotte and other metro areas down here. This has to do with refineries in the Gulf powering down in anticipation of hurricanes. Apparently, this same thing (refineries powering down / dry gas pumps) happened after Katrina. At the time, I was in St. Louis, and I don't recall hearing about this. (Admittedly, I may not have been paying attention if it did make the news.) Anyhow, it's odd. I've read a few articles that try to explain why this is happening, however none of the explanations really make much sense.
I have to drive Jamie to the airport tonight and I have a hockey game tonight (~40 mi roundtrip). I hope I make it back home!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment