I'm definitely way past the bump stage of pregnancy and into those final weeks where people give you sympathetic looks or just look startled and exclaim "you look like you're about to pop!" which always makes me feel oh so good (so I doubt that you'll ever see photos of this last stage). Before this little guy actually makes his appearance, here's a recap of recent events and preggo photos to go along with them.
Big bellies at a wedding
Richard and I went to a wedding in October, where 3 out of the 100 or so attendees were pregnant ladies. I expected to be the only preggo there, so I was pleasantly surprised. It turns out I was justified: at any time, ~3% of the US female population of childbearing age is pregnant. Assuming that half of the guests were female, then this wedding still had a lot of pregnant guests compared to the general female population (especially considering that at least 15% of the female guests aren't of childbearing age).
Family baby shower
My family was nice enough to host a baby shower for me on a recent visit home. Below are some photos.
Notice that being pregnant does not make you smarter -- I'm cutting the cake with the dull edge of the knife blade. Nice.
My aunts are always fun to hang out with, so I was really glad to be able to see them on this trip (sorry, CJ, no side view of the belly):
I also got to hang out with my girls Tammy and Sara, which is always a good time:
And I have to sneak in a picture of my cutie little nieces. If one looks scared of the other, that's because she probably is. They don't see each other very often, so Dallyn was very excited and wanted to give frequent (and vigorous) hugs to Aliya, especially for the benefit of the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment